Simulations to Enhance Learning and Evaluate Critical Thinking
Nursing is full of critical decisions. To make them, nurses need clinical reasoning skills they can’t learn from textbooks. That’s where
DxR Nursing SELECT offers them an edge. Virtual patients bring the process to life, allowing nursing students to assess, diagnose, develop care plans, and evaluate client progress, with real-time feedback and scoring to hone their skills.
DxR Nursing SELECTPractice makes perfect! The tools you need to excel in today's nursing profession.
Virtual Physical AssessmentStudents apply physical exam "tools" to the patient's picture to conduct a virtual physical exam and gather data needed to select nursing diagnoses.
Care PlanningStudents develop a care plan by reviewing the desired client outcomes and then selecting nursing interventions that would help the client achieve those outcomes.
Instructor Score ReportsInstructors can see a snapshot of individual student performance as well as group performance statistics in each part of the case.
Student Score ReportsDecisions made by students in each section of a DxR Nursing SELECT case are compared to the criteria set by the case author to produce a score report, providing insight into the student's thinking in key areas of the nursing process. These detailed individual scoring summaries are also viewable by the instructor.
Watch the video to see how DxR Nursing SELECT can help your students develop critical thinking skills.
DxR Nursing SELECT DEMO
Features for Faculty
- Cases include pediatric and adult health, medical/surgical, obstetrics, geriatrics, and palliative care
- Automated scoring and reporting
- Assign cases for individual or group study
- Built-in tools for peer comparisons
- Identify students who need you the most
Features for Students
- Electronic chart with history, test results and orders
- Complete virtual physical exam options
- Full NANDA* Nursing Diagnoses
- Immediate feedback for self-study
- Expert commentary on key issues
- Compatible with iPad®
*Nursing Diagnoses – Definitions and Classification 2015-2017© NANDA International. Used by arrangement with Blackwell Publishing, a company of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.