ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice Service for the GRE® revised General Test
The ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice service is a web-based tool that can help you sharpen your analytical writing skills and prepare for the Analytical Writing section of the GRE® revised General Test. Using our patented e-rater® technology, the automated scoring system provides immediate essay scoring in a confidential, risk-free environment.
This service lets you:
- Respond to GRE Analytical Writing topics created and tested by ETS test authors.
- Submit your responses online and get immediate scores on your responses from ETS's e-rater® automated scoring system.
- Review scored sample essay responses on the topics you select.
- Review general suggestions for improving your writing skills.
- Receive diagnostic feedback on your responses.
The fee for the ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice service is US$13, and entitles you to write two essay responses and receive an e-rater score for each.
NOTE: Although performance on ScoreItNow! essay topics is not an exact predictor of how individuals might perform on the GRE Analytical Writing measure during an actual GRE revised General Test administration, users are encouraged to write the ScoreItNow! essay responses under timed conditions to get a better sense of how they might perform on the actual test.
Using the ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice service is easy
- Purchase a user name and password to access the service.
- Preview the GRE Analytical Writing tasks and topics.
- Review the GRE Analytical Writing section scoring guides, score level descriptions, and sample topics for the Analyze an Issue and Analyze an Argument tasks.
- Select the Practice Option and compose your essay responses online or offline, or select the Test Experience Option and compose your responses online.
- Submit your essay responses for immediate scoring.