ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice Service for the GRE® General Test
ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice is designed to help you practice for the Analytical Writing section of the GRE® General Test administered beginning on September 22, 2023. Using ETS's e-rater® technology, the automated scoring system provides immediate essay scoring in a confidential, risk-free environment.
This service lets you:
- Respond to GRE Analytical Writing topics created and tested by ETS test authors.
- Submit your responses online and get immediate scores on your responses from ETS's e-rater automated scoring system.
- Review scored sample essay responses on the topics you select.
- Review general suggestions for improving your writing skills.
- Receive diagnostic feedback on your responses.
The fee for the ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice service is US$20, which entitles you to write essay responses on two GRE Analytical Writing topics and receive an e-rater score for each.
In addition, after you have submitted the two essay responses for scoring, you will have the option to write and submit essay responses on six FREE bonus Analytical Writing topics for more practice. You will receive a score on each essay response that you submit on these bonus topics.
NOTE: Although performance on ScoreItNow! essay topics is not an exact predictor of how you might perform on the GRE Analytical Writing measure during an actual GRE General Test administration, you are encouraged to write the ScoreItNow! essay responses under timed conditions to get a better sense of how you might perform on the actual test.
Using ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice is easy
- Sign-up to use the service.
- Preview the GRE Analytical Writing task and topics.
- Review the GRE Analytical Writing scoring guides, sample topics and score level descriptions.
- Choose the Practice Option to compose your essay responses offline under untimed conditions, or the Test Experience Option to compose your responses online under timed conditions.
- Submit your essay responses for immediate scoring.